Florida Drug Rehab for Teens
Florida has been nicknamed “the recovery capital of America” for good reason — it has a multitude of first-rate teen rehab facilities. The Sunshine State basks in a balmy year-round climate and is home to a statewide community of people in recovery, spelling acceptance and ample job opportunities for those who have undergone treatment.
Not all treatment centers are created equally, so it’s crucial that you choose the right facility for your teen. Since there are many factors to consider before making a decision, we at TeenRehabCenter.org have created this comprehensive resource for finding teen drug rehab in Florida.
Types of Rehab Facilities in Florida
Florida offers a variety of addiction rehab facilities, many of which provide inpatient and outpatient rehab programs, dual diagnosis treatment options and drug detox programs. These facilities also offer post-treatment care, such as aftercare programs and relapse prevention strategies. Florida’s several dozen treatment centers range from private, resort-like facilities to drug detox to halfway houses and sober living environments.
Featured Teen Drug Rehab Facility in Florida
Next Generation Village:1062 Lake Sebring Dr, Sebring, FL 33870 888-952-3269 https://www.nextgenerationvillage.com/
Why Florida Drug Rehab?
Choosing drug rehab in Florida has great advantages:
- The Recovery Community – Florida’s large number of treatment facilities has helped create a sense of community among recovering addicts in the state. This has forged a sense of belonging for people in recovery and paved the way for extensive support systems — even for those who come from other parts of the country to receive treatment.
- Vacation Destination – Since Florida is one of the biggest vacation hotspots in the United States, it makes sense that the rehab facilities in the area are constructed with a resort-like feel, allowing those in recovery to truly achieve peace of mind during their stay. Florida also offers plenty of recreational activities, such as trips to both Gulf and Atlantic beaches, visits to local world famous amusement parks (e.g. Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens), and adventures into state parks like the Florida Everglades.
- Climate – The temperature in Florida rarely dips below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, yielding ideal conditions for swimming, golfing, paddleboarding, fishing and much more.
- Job Opportunities – Thanks to the vast network of recovering persons in Florida, many employers in the state are happy to hire people who are in recovery.
- Sober House – Another offshoot of Florida’s substantial recovery network is the abundance of sober houses. These provide safe environments for people who have completed their treatment program and wish to surround themselves with like-minded individuals.
The Florida Model of Addiction Treatment
Florida has a specific process for the treatment of addiction, developed by facilities that were owned and operated by recovering addicts in the 1970s and 1980s.
This model of addiction treatment takes into account the following environmental factors:
- An enticing environment
- A community of recovering addicts
- A resort-like facility design
- An emphasis on life skills training
The treatment model itself consists of structured, intense programming during the initial stages of treatment, followed by less-structured, customizable therapy as treatment progresses. The core of the model is one-on-one and group counseling sessions, cognitive behavioral therapy and holistic approaches like psychotherapy. This model has been proven to help addicts maintain long-term sobriety.
Florida Teen Drug & Alcohol Abuse Statistics
Teen drug abuse has become a pervasive problem in Florida. 30.0% of surveyed Florida students in grades 6 through 12 reported at least one use of any illicit drug in their lifetimes, while 16.4% reported use in the past 30 days. The following statistics were compiled through the 2014 Florida Youth Substance Abuse Survey, which questioned students in grades 6–12:
Teen Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Florida
- 28.4% of high school students reported alcohol use in the past 30 days and 56.0% reported alcohol use in their lifetime
- 9.5% of Florida high school students reported one or more occasions of binge drinking
- Among high school students, 18.9% reported one or more occasions of blacking out while drinking
- 24.2% of surveyed high school students reported usually having “5 or more” drinks on the days they drink alcohol, 10.6% reported usually having four drinks, and 16.6% reported usually having three drinks.
Florida Teen Inhalant Use Statistics
- 3.1% of middle school students reported inhalant use in the past 30 days and 8.6% reported inhalant use in their lifetime
- 6.5% of all students surveyed have used inhalants on at least one occasion in their lifetimes.
Teen Prescription Drug Abuse Statistics in Florida
- 2.1% of students reported the inappropriate use of prescription painkillers and over-the-counter drugs in the past 30 days
- Of the students surveyed in Florida in 2014, 5.5% have used prescription pain relievers on at least one occasion in their lifetimes.
Finding Treatment Options & Rehab Help in Florida
If you’re seeking Florida-based addiction treatment for your child, we at TeenRehabCenter.org are here to help you find the right program. Our compassionate addiction advisors can speak with you on the phone, assess your family’s situation, and curate a personalized list of recommended inpatient or outpatient teen rehab facilities for you. There are no fees or obligations — just help. Don’t wait to get your child the treatment they need.
Other Teen Drug Rehab Facilities in Florida:
- Address: 1000 NW 15th St, Boca Raton, FL 33486
- Phone: 800-310-6558
- Website: www.thewatershed.com
Inspirations for Youth and Families
- Address: 757 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Phone: (888) 757-6237
- Website: www.inspirationsyouth.com
Teen Challenge International of Florida
- Address: 3706 Sanford Ave, Sanford, FL 32773
- Phone: (407) 330-9600
- Website: teenchallenge.cc
- Address: 2750 Bahia Vista Street, Suite 190 Sarasota, FL 34239
- Phone: (941) 952-1147
Here’s Help of Florida
- Address: 15100 Northwest 27th Avenue, Opa-locka, FL 33054
- Phone: 305-685-8201
- Website: http://hereshelpinc.com/
- Address: 6150 150th Ave N, Clearwater, FL 33760
- Phone: (727) 538-7227
- Website: http://www.operationpar.org/
- Address: 4613 N. Washington Boulevard, Sarasota, FL 34234
- Phone: 941-366-5333
- Website: http://www.fsos.org/
Agency For Community Treatment Services
- Address: 4403 W Dr M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33614
- Phone: (813) 879-1649
- Website: http://www.actsfl.org/
- Address: 2020 26th Avenue East, Bradenton, FL 34208
- Phone: 941-782-4299
- Website: http://www.manateeglens.org/
The Village South
- Address: 169 E Flagler St #1300, Miami, FL 33131
- Phone: (305) 573-3784
- Website: http://www.villagesouth.com/
Your family's journey to recovery is just beginning
Talk to an experienced recovery advisor today.